PHP Scholarship Applications
Application Window for 2024 is now open
Who Can Apply
To apply for a PHP Scholarship you must meet to following criteria:
1. Be a mentally or physically combat Wounded Warrior (note: a Purple Heart or equivalent award is NOT required).
2. Be honorably discharged from the military or currently on active duty.
3. If not a Canadian resident, you must be able to meet 100% of all the requirements for entry into Canada, the most important of which are:
• Have a valid travel document, like a passport.
• Be in good health.
• Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions (note: this includes Driving Under the Influence (DUI) convictions).
• Visa. U.S. citizens, British commonwealth citizens, and most EU citizens DO NOT need a Visa to enter Canada. Determine if you need a visa here.
We generally accept PHP scholarship applications from 1 November to 1 June each year. Depending on the number of applications received, this window could close early or remain open late.
How to Apply
To apply for a Purple Heart Project scholarship, scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on the "Apply Now" button. Fill out and submit the application form. Within 72 hours of submitting your application you will receive a status email informing you if your application was accepted for consideration or not. If you do not receive a status email within 72-hours of submission, please contact the PHP application manager at email@example.com
We make two selections for PHP scholarships each year. The first selection takes place around 1 February and selects for scholarship attendance to Rob's Training the Hand Workshops in April, May, June and July. The second selection takes place around 1 July and selects for scholarship attendance to Rob Cosman's Training the Hand Workshops in September and October.
For scholarship selections we hold a selection board made up of four Purple Heart Project Board members. The board includes one U.S. Army retired Colonel with three combat tours, a U.S. Army Staff Sergeant with two combat tours who was medically retired due to complications from TBI and is a former PHP Scholarship selectee, and two other members. We review all applications, rank order the applications by our selection criteria, and make selections.
If selected for a PHP scholarship to an April, May, June, or July workshop we will contact you by email and phone between 1-15 February. If selected for PHP scholarship to a September or October workshop, we will contact you by email and phone between 1-15 July.
If Not Selected
In July, once all selections are over, we will notify all applicants not selected of their status. If you are not selected for a PHP scholarship, we encourage you to re-apply once we open applications for the next year. It is not unusual to have to apply two or three times before being accepted.
Problems Answering the Questions
We understand that telling us your story can be tough, but it is the only way we can understand you and properly assess your application.
If you have problems filling out the form, please contact Support@thepurpleheartproject.org and we can assist you.